bitcore BTX – Network Updates
Important update: Bitcore Public Keys
Dear Bitcore community,
Due to potential roadblocks with many hardware and service providers, we have come to the conclusion that it is necessary for us to change the public key prefix. Since we use the same prefix as bitcoin (“1”, “3” and “bc1”), we decided that Bitcore BTX should use the following new prefixes:
Wallets 1xxx -> 2xxx
Wallets 3xxx -> sxxx
Wallets bc1 -> btx
We would like to ask all Bitcore users to slowly but surely upgrade to the new system.
To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Open your Bitcore core / Bitcore-QT wallet.
2. Create a backup of your wallet.dat and store it in a safe place. For example a USB-Stick that you later put in a safe-deposit box.
3. Download the latest wallet and replace the wallet.dat that will be created on startup with your old wallet.dat
4. Bitcore-QT will automatically create new public keys for your private keys, starting with 2xxx instead of 1xxx.
5. It is important to note, that you can only use your old public keys to send to other old addresses and vis versa - you can send only to the new format from the new format. The address formats are not interchangeable.
Please note that the private keys are in no way affected by this change. Any private key is fully compatible with both the old formatting as well as the new one.
The new wallet, supporting the new format only, is still in beta mode but can be download and tested via the official github:
Note: There will be an official release soon. Meanwhile here is a basic tool, to convert old addresses to the new 2xxx format: https://limxtec.github.io/btx-convert/
We also want to inform you that there’s no rush to update, we set a timeframe of 3 months in which we want to complete the transition. After this period bitcore core 0.16 will be released which will only use the new public keys.
If you have any questions feel free to ask here in the forum or on our numerous social media and telegram channels. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.msg40724430#msg40724430 for a full link list.
Thank you for your support and for your understanding.
– Your Bitcore team
Our devs have been working hard on the latest wallet release of the Bitcore Core (bitcore-qt) wallet.
The new features include:
- automatic fees now 10x lower
- full link list directly accessible via the wallet
- increased incoming connections from 8 to 16
- checkpoint update
Download core 0.15.0.3 here: https://github.com/LIMXTEC/BitCore/releases
Please note: Windows and Linux are fully operational, however we ask you to wait with the MaxOS version, it still needs some tweaking.
– Your Bitcore team
Today we proudly announce the release of Bitcore Core 0.15.0.2 for Windows, Linux and OSX.
You can download it on the official LIMXTEC github: https://github.com/LIMXTEC/BitCore/releases
One of many cool new features is a new chainstate database, reducing loading time and actual size of the blockchain! We are currently below 300 MB!
On top of that we made a complete design overhaul, Bitcore Core now looks like it should!
Important: Before updating, always make sure to backup your wallet.dat and private keys!
On the first startup, it may take up to a few minutes for the blockchain update to take finish. From then on loading your wallet will be even faster than with the previous Core 0.14.