Given the current situation in the world, BitCore BTX joins the responsible dissemination of information concerning the COVID-19 Coronavirus, to make known what it is, the why and the how of this global calamity.
You need to know
A coronavirus is a large group of viruses that are common among animals. In rare cases, they are what scientists call zoonotic, meaning they can be transmitted from animals to humans.
The viruses can make people sick, usually with a mild to moderate upper respiratory tract illness, similar to a common cold.
HOW IT SPREADS
Human coronavirus most commonly spread from an infected person to others through:
- The air coughing and sneezing.
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Feeling of being unwell
For those with a weakened immune system, the elderly and the very young, there’s chance the virus could cause a lower, and much more serious, respiratory tracts illness like pneumonia or bronchitis.
There are currently no vaccines available to protect you against human coronavirus infection. Transmission is reduced through.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
If you are mildly sick, keep yourself hydrated, stay at home, and rest.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, you should see your healthcare provider.
Author: LIMXTEC Team Email: [email protected]